Our goal is to provide excellent service as we work with our patients to improve their health through high quality medical care. As an NCQA certified Patient Centered Medical Home, our emphasis is on incorporating the patient’s role in improved health. We seek to:
- promote a partnership between you, your physician and care team
- provide accessible, coordinated, comprehensive, and continuous quality healthcare
- ensure all of your preventive, acute, and chronic care needs are met
- provide efficient and timely service
- encourage Group Visits to learn more about your chronic medical condition
- Patient Centered Medical Care Brochure
Right to Receive a Good Faith Estimate of Expected Charges
Under Colorado law, healthcare providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance, an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs or equipment.
- Make sure your healthcare provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your healthcare provider and other provider you choose for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure you save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
- Forum Family Medicine Fee Schedule
Primary Care First – Important Notice to Medicare Beneficiaries
Our goal has always been to provide you with the highest quality of care. Through Primary Care First, we will receive additional resources from Medicare and other health insurance companies to help us enhance our work and provide you with the best quality of patient-centered care.
As part of this program, Medicare will start sharing some of your personal health information with us, such as when you receive care at hospitals, emergency departments and other specialist offices. This will help provide us with a more complete picture of your health and allow us to better coordinate your care.
If you want do not wish for Medicare to share this information with us, please call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.
Your Medicare benefits are not changing and this program is only intended to enhance the healthcare you receive at Forum Family Medicine. You still have the right to use or visit any doctor or hospital that accepts Medicare. Your doctor may continue to recommend that you see particular doctors for your specific healthcare needs, but it is always your choice which doctors you wish to see or which hospital or healthcare facility you choose to visit.
Questions? If you have additional questions, please see the Contact Us page and call the Practice Manager, or ask your medical provider at your next visit.
For more information about this new Medicare Program, please:
- Visit the Primary Care First webpage https://innovation.cms.gov/innovation-models/primary-care-first-model-options
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE
- Office hours are from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. We are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. We ask that you call ahead for appointments. We provide same day appointments for acute illnesses and well as routine follow-ups and physical exams that fit your schedule.
- After hours, our physicians are available nights, weekends, and holidays by phone through our answering service. Calls are returned within 30 minutes. For Medical Emergencies, dial 911. However, we encourage you to call the office first if you have an urgent (not life-threatening) issue that can’t wait until the next day. We will always help direct you to the most appropriate level of care (appointment, urgent care, emergency room).
- We also offer a secure internet patient portal that provides access to your key medical information as well as a convenient way to request refills, make appointments or get a message to your provider.
Your family physician is able to manage the majority of your medical needs. We provide personalized healthcare guided by the most current medical recommendations. When help from another specialist is needed, we coordinate referrals to ensure that you and the rest of your health conditions aren’t forgotten.
Wellness and Disease Prevention
- Well child checks; sports and camp physicals, Wellness Exam Information
- Women’s health — Pap smears, HPV testing, menopause, birth control options
- Men’s health — prostate and sexual health, no-scalpel vasectomy
- Cancer screening
- Heart disease risk assessment
- Nutrition, weight loss and exercise counseling, stopping smoking
- Travel health counseling and prescription (not covered by insurance)
- Immunizations for children and adults
- Infections — respiratory, bladder, skin, vaginal
- Orthopedic and sports injuries — x-ray on site
- Skin care — acne, warts, skin biopsies and excisions, rashes and other skin ailments
- Cardiovascular— cholesterol, blood pressure, EKGs, heart disease
- Lung conditions — asthma, emphysema/COPD, lung function testing (spirometry)
- Sleep disorders — insomnia, sleep apnea, restless legs
- Mental health care — depression, anxiety, ADHD
- Urology — bladder and prostate infections; incontinence, kidney stones
- Arthritis — gout, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia