Our goal is to provide excellent service as we work with our patients to improve their health through high quality medical care. As an NCQA certified Patient Centered Medical Home, our emphasis is on incorporating the patient’s role in improved health. We seek to:
- promote a partnership between you, your physician and care team
- provide accessible, coordinated, comprehensive, and continuous quality healthcare
- ensure all of your preventive, acute, and chronic care needs are met
- provide efficient and timely service
- encourage Group Visits to learn more about your chronic medical condition
- Patient Centered Medical Care Brochure
Important Notice to Medicare Beneficiaries
Forum Family Medicine is one of more than 2900 primary care practices nationwide participating in Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+), a partnership between payer partners from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), commercial health plans, self-insured businesses and primary care providers. The partnership is designed to provide improved access to quality care at lower costs. We encourage you to be an active member of your healthcare team, to take charge of your health by assuming responsibility for aspects of your care, being prepared for appointments by bringing a list of your medications and questions, and working with your team to make a plan to improve your health.
- Office hours are from 8 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday; we open at 7:30 AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. We ask that you call ahead for appointments. We provide same day appointments for acute illnesses and well as routine follow-ups and physical exams that fit your schedule.
- After hours, our physicians are available nights, weekends, and holidays by phone through our answering service. Calls are returned within 30 minutes. For Medical Emergencies, dial 911. However, we encourage you to call the office first if you have an urgent (not life-threatening) issue that can’t wait until the next day. We will always help direct you to the most appropriate level of care (appointment, urgent care, emergency room).
- We also offer a secure internet patient portal that provides access to your key medical information as well as a convenient way to request refills, make appointments or get a message to your provider.
Your family physician is able to manage the majority of your medical needs. We provide personalized healthcare guided by the most current medical recommendations. When help from another specialist is needed, we coordinate referrals to ensure that you and the rest of your health conditions aren’t forgotten.
Wellness and Disease Prevention
- Well child checks; sports and camp physicals, Wellness Exam Information
- Women’s health — Pap smears, HPV testing, menopause, birth control options
- Men’s health — prostate and sexual health, no-scalpel vasectomy
- Cancer screening
- Heart disease risk assessment
- Nutrition, weight loss and exercise counseling, stopping smoking
- Travel health counseling and prescription (not covered by insurance)
- Immunizations for children and adults
- Infections — respiratory, bladder, skin, vaginal
- Orthopedic and sports injuries — x-ray on site
- Skin care — acne, warts, skin biopsies and excisions, rashes and other skin ailments
- Cardiovascular— cholesterol, blood pressure, EKGs, heart disease
- Lung conditions — asthma, emphysema/COPD, lung function testing (spirometry)
- Sleep disorders — insomnia, sleep apnea, restless legs
- Mental health care — depression, anxiety, ADHD
- Urology — bladder and prostate infections; incontinence, kidney stones
- Arthritis — gout, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia