How to Reach Us
- Phone hours are from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. Messages are usually returned between Noon and 1:00 PM or after 4:30 PM. For life- or limb-threatening emergencies, always call 911, not the office.
- After-hours calls are taken through our answering service and are returned by the on-call physician within 30 minutes. Please limit after-hours calls to urgent questions. We do not refill medications after normal office hours.
- For established patients, a convenient way to communicate with your provider is by sending an e-message through our secure internet portal. Be sure to get a username and password at your next visit. If you have forgotten your password, it can be reset on the portal homepage at https://mycw8.eclinicalweb.com/fofa/jsp/login.jsp. Please use the portal only for non-urgent messages; it is not checked on weekends or afterhours.
Making the Most of Appointments
- Office hours are from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM Monday through Friday; we open early at 7:30 AM for your convenience on Tuesday and Thursday. We are closed Saturdays. We request that you call ahead of time for appointments. We strive to provide prompt appointments for acute illnesses; same day appointments are taken on a first-call, first-served basis. Please arrive a minimum of 10 minutes early for all appointments, to allow time for any needed updates on your insurance/personal information.
- A wellness exam is intended to focus on keeping you healthy and screening to catch potential problems early; if you have acute or chronic conditions or need to have a procedure done, we ask that you schedule a separate visit. It is helpful if you can print and complete the FFM Wellness Questionnaire and bring it to your appointment.
- For diabetes or cholesterol rechecks we no longer require you to fast for those appointments. However, bring a list of all your medications (including doses) and vitamins/supplements.
- Chronic medical issues (for example: hypertension, diabetes, elevated cholesterol, depression, asthma) require an appointment at least every 6 months for refills and monitoring of your condition.
- Labs are drawn in our office and sent to your insurance’s preferred lab provider. We always call with your lab or imaging results — usually the next day, however some may take up to a week to get back. If you have not heard from us within 2-3 days, please give us a call. Lab results also are posted to the patient portal for your future reference.
- Co-pays and/or payments are expected at the time of service. We accept cash, check, and Visa or MasterCard. We do charge a $45 fee for missed appointments.
- Insurance — We participate with most major insurance plans, but we are not providers for Medicaid, AARP Medicare Complete or Cigna Connect Plans. We will submit your claim to all major insurers as a service to you; however, we are dependent on having up-to-date and accurate information. We require a current insurance card and a picture ID at every visit. Please update us with any change of phone, address, or insurance. Given the variety of insurance plans, we cannot predict for certain what your particular insurance plan covers; you are responsible for knowing the details of your insurance coverage; a call to your insurance’s customer service number can be helpful. The patient is ultimately responsible for charges incurred.
- Refills — We ask that you request needed refills at your appointments. We usually give enough refills to last until your next appointment; if you have no more refills, you probably need to make an appointment for a recheck. If you do require refills, have your pharmacy fax us the request (please do not call the office); allow at least 24 hours for processing.
- Referrals — Before being referred to another specialist, we ask that you make an appointment to discuss the problem with your physician. Only then can we best determine which specialist would be most helpful. If you need referrals for follow-up with a specialist you already see, leave a message with your doctor’s assistant at least 1 week before the appointment.
- Medical records — We are happy to provide copies of your records. Requests must be in writing and signed by the patient. There is no charge for records sent to another physician for ongoing care; records released to the patient incur a nominal fee. Please allow at least one week for copying of records. Original records remain the property of Forum Family Medicine.
- Children — We love to see children! Colorado law requires that we have written permission if your child is not accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. See “Consent to treat minor patient”